Honeyed Chicken with Rice
|Recipe Supplied by: Anne Reney-Smith|
Serves: 2 People
Make a tasty nutritious complete meal for 2 in 12 minutes. This dish combines the goodness of honey with chicken and orange.
1 medium onion, chopped
3 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
85g Easy cook rice
150ml chicken stock
2 boned, skinned chicken breasts, sliced into 2.5cm pieces
grated rind and juice of 1/2 orange
2tbsp clear honey
3/4 tsp. paprika
3/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
8 stoned black olives
1. Place the butter in a medium sized microwave bowl. Microwave for 1 minute.
2. Stir in the onion, bacon, stock, Rice and enough pepper to taste.
3. Lay the chicken pieces on the top around the edge of the dish.
4. Combine the orange rind, juice, honey, paprika and Worcestershire sauce and spoon 1/2 the mixture over the chicken pieces.
5. Cover the dish with film, pierce and microwave for 5 minutes on high, stir half way through. Baste the chicken with the remaining honey mixture and microwave uncovered for 3 minutes. Check the chicken for doneness, stir in the black olives and stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Comments, Questions and Queries can be addressed here: Contact Us