Ginger Syrup Pudding with Apple & Lemon Sauce
|Recipe Supplied by: Annette Yates & Caroline Young|
Serves: 4 People
2 crystallised ginger pieces in syrup, drained and chopped
3 tbsp syrup from the ginger
100g soft butter
100g caster sugar
2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
175g self-raising flour
½ tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
450ml English apple juice
finely grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon
- Butter a 1.2 litre pudding basin and spoon the crystallised
ginger and syrup into the base.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in the eggs. Sift over the flour and ground
ginger, add the milk and fold in until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the syrup and level the
- Cover loosely and cook on MED-HIGH for 6-8 min or until
- Leave to stand for 5 min before turning out.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine the sugar and cornflour,
then whisk in the apple juice. Cook on HIGH for about
3 min, whisking frequently, until the sauce comes to the
boil, is smooth and thickened. Stir in the lemon rind
- Serve the sauce with the pudding.
Comments, Questions and Queries can be addressed here: Contact Us