Soda Bread with Sage & Cheese
|Recipe Supplied by: The Wave Machine|
Serves: 4 People
|225 g plain flour|
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
1-2 tsp chopped fresh sage
4 tbsp natural yogurt
2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, soda and salt into a
bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse
breadcrumbs. Stir in the sage.
- Whisk the yogurt into 150 ml cold water and add to the
bowl. With a round-ended knife, mix to form a soft dough.
On a lightly floured surface, knead gently until smooth.
Shape into a ball about 10cm in diameter.
- Put on a flat ovenproof plate and make four cuts, about
2cm deep, in the dough to make four wedges. Sprinkle the
cheese on top.
- Put into the hot oven and cook on 220°C+MED-LOW
for about 16 min until well risen, crisp and golden brown
(a skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean).
- Leave to cool for 10-15 min before breaking into wedges.
Comments, Questions and Queries can be addressed here: Contact Us