Ham & Leek Hotpot
|Recipe Supplied by: The Wave Machine|
Serves: 2 People
1 tsp oil
225g leeks, thickly sliced
115g carrots, sliced
225g cooked ham in one piece, cut into thin fingers
1 tbsp flour
150ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp clear honey
finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
freshly milled black pepper
1 small eating apple, peeled and sliced
2 bread slices, cut into small cubes
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Put the oil, leeks and carrots into a casserole. Cover
and cook for 3 min, stirring once.
- Stir in the ham and flour. Whisk the stock with the
mustard, honey, lemon rind and juice and pepper. Add to
the casserole with the apple.
- Cook for 2-3 min until the mixture just comes to the
- Cover and cook on MED-HIGH for 10 min, stirring once,
until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small frying pan on
the hob, add the bread and cook, stirring frequently,
until crisp and golden brown. Stir in the parsley.
- To serve, sprinkle the crunchy bread cubes on top of
Comments, Questions and Queries can be addressed here: Contact Us