Bread and Butter Pudding
|Recipe Supplied by: Anne Reney-Smith|
Serves: 0 People
|The microwave is particularly good for recipes that need a bain Marie type of cooking. This bread and butter pudding cooks to perfection in the steamy atmosphere.|
2 Slices of Brioche ( crusts off and buttered)
2 tbsp. crème fraiche
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp mixed spice
25g dried mixed fruit
1. Cut the bread into fingers, lay them in the bottom of a 600ml pyrex dish, buttered side up. Sprinkle in mixed fruit and continue the layers.
2. Beat together the egg, milk, and crème fraiche. Add the sugar, vanilla extract and mixed spice. Stir well and pour over the bread layers. If necessary add a little more milk to completely soak the bread.
3. Leave to stand for approx. 1 hour so that the bread soaks up all of the flavours.
4. Microwave on medium power for 4-5 mins until it begins to set at the edges.
5. Stand for 5minutes, when the pudding should be completely set.
Note: If you wish, melt a little apricot jam in the microwave and brush over the top of the pudding for colour.
Comments, Questions and Queries can be addressed here: Contact Us