Banana Walnut Cake
|Recipe Supplied by: The Wave Machine|
Serves: 6 People
115g soft brown sugar
3 ripe medium bananas
115g soft tub margarine
115g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
2 tbsp milk
115g self-raising flour
50g broken walnuts, roughly chopped
- Put the brown sugar and butter into a bowl and cook
for about 2 min, stirring once, until the butter has melted.
Pour into a deep 23cm ovenproof flan dish and tip to coat
- Cut the bananas into thick slices and arrange on the
- Put the margarine, caster sugar, eggs and milk into
a bowl and sift the flour over. With a wooden spoon or
electric mixer, beat until smooth and light. Stir in the
walnuts. Spoon the mixture over the bananas and level
- Stand the dish on a low rack and cook on MED-HIGH for
about 12 min or until the surface is still slightly moist
and the cake beneath is cooked.
- Leave to stand for at least 5 min. Slip a knife around
the edge of the cake and invert it on to a warm serving
plate. Cut into wedges.
- Follow step 1 above.
- Follow step 2 above.
- Preheat oven to 220° and then follow step 3 above.
- Stand the dish on a low rack in the hot oven and cook
on 220°C + MEDIUM for about 12 min or until the cake
is well risen, firm when lightly pressed and golden brown.
- Follow step 5 above.
Comments, Questions and Queries can be addressed here: Contact Us