|Recipe Supplied by: Sharp Manufacturing Co. UK Ltd|
Serves: 4 People
|900g (2lb) chicken, cut into small chunks|
175g (6oz) natural yoghurt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
25g (1oz) creamed coconut
10ml (2tsp) tumeric
25g (1oz) butter
1 large onion, sliced
5cm (2") piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
2.5ml (1/2tsp) chilli powder
5ml (1tsp) coriander seeds
5ml (1tsp) cinnamon
5 whole cloves
10ml (2tsp) cornflour
150ml (1/4 pint) single cream
Sprinkle with roasted cashew nuts to serve
- Place the chicken in a bowl, stir in the yoghurt, garlic
and tumeric. Cover and leave to marinate for at least
1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Place the butter in a large bowl and heat on 100% (HIGH)
for 30 seconds, until melted. Add the onion and cook on
100% (HIGH) for 2 minutes. Stir in the ginger, chilli
powder and coriander. Cook on 100% (HIGH) for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and marinade, mix well. Stir in the cloves
and cinnamon, cover and cook on 100% (HIGH) for 10 minutes,
stir halfway through cooking.
- Rearrange the chicken pieces and cook on 50% (MEDIUM)
for 8 minutes.
- Combine the cornflour with the cream, stir into the
chicken and cook on 100% (HIGH) for 6 minutes.
Comments, Questions and Queries can be addressed here: Contact Us